The Gem Uncirculated Gettysburg Hoard Silver Half-Dollar
An exceptional coin, recalling a pivotal Civil War battle…
• An original 90% silver Battle of Gettysburg half-dollar, a limited edition made by the U.S. Mint only in June 1937 to commemorate the battle’s 75th anniversary in 1938.
• From a hoard built by a U.S. Navy captain who moved to Gettysburg upon retirement, willed to the Gettysburg Foundation to help preserve Gettysburg National Military Park.
• Designed by famed sculptor Frank Vittor, the coin features two veterans of the Civil War — one Union and one Confederate, side-by-side.
• Certified and graded by NGC, a leading independent coin authority, as MS65, a rarely seen premium grade for older coins that is known as “gem uncirculated.”
• Protectively encapsulated in a crystal-clear NGC archival holder, with a special label that verifies its MS65 grade and its unique pedigree from the Gettysburg Hoard.
• Accompanied by a museum-quality wooden Display Chest (measuring 5⅜" x 1½" x 4⅜").
• Comes with a Collector’s Guide — written by experts — that provides captivating details about the coin, the Gettysburg Hoard and the NGC certification.
• Guarantee of Satisfaction: Free returns for replacement or full refund.
This product allows the convenience of a gradual payment plan. It is payable in three equal, monthly, interest-free installments.
Please note: The exact appearance of the coin you receive may vary from the images shown.
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. You may return the product at our expense within 30 days for replacement or for a full refund. Orders are subject to acceptance.
Product references featured in this announcement are based on information available as of May 2021.